Wow! Don’t by fooled (pardon the pun) by the modest appearance of this Lemon Curd & Ginger Fool. It may be simple and ridiculously easy to make, but this dessert is out of this world!
In fact, I wasn’t prepared for just how good it was going to be. I made it for a family dinner and everyone, myself included, was blown away. Not only was it too delicious for words, the texture was beyond silky. I reckon the secret was in making my own tangy lemon curd which, when folded through softly whipped cream, ginger syrup, and a dash of mascarpone, was elevated to something rather extraordinary. Dig your spoon into this dreamy, creamy dessert with its sprinkling of chopped stem ginger and you’re in culinary heaven.
Thanks to Delicious Magazine.co.uk for this recipe. Given it’s now on the ‘Top 10 Desserts’ list at home, it won’t be too long before I make it again. Enjoy!
LEMON CURD & GINGER FOOL
Serves 5-6 (depending on portion size)
Ingredients: (This recipe uses metric measurements; click here for Unit Converter)
- 1 ball stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup
- 75g (2.6 oz) mascarpone
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 250ml (8.7 oz) double (heavy) cream, lightly whipped
- 8 tbsp lemon curd
- In a large bowl, beat the stem ginger syrup, mascarpone and icing sugar together until smooth.
- Lightly fold in the whipped cream, then stir through the lemon curd with a fork so it is streaked.
- Divide the lemon curd fool between 5 or 6 glasses and top with the chopped stem ginger.
Food Photography Info: Canon 550D (EOS Rebel T2i); Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC ‘Art’ lens / Natural lighting