While I tend to cycle through the usual repertoire of breakfasts, it’s nice to change it up occasionally and make something new and tantalizing! I liked the look of this recipe from the New Zealand magazine ‘Recipes+’, February 2014 and adapted it only slightly, taking out the milk (not sure why it’s needed frankly) and replacing the sugar with runny honey. I used my own home-made muesli which is ultra-healthy and packed full of fruit, seeds and nuts.
PEACH & PASSIONFRUIT YOGURT CRUNCH
- 3 small peaches, peeled and chopped (you can use canned if you don’t have fresh)
- 2 passionfruit
- 200g Greek-style natural yogurt
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- ½ cup toasted muesli (granola)
- Combine peach and passionfruit pulp into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine yogurt and honey.
- Spoon half the peach mixture into two serving glasses. Top with yogurt mixture, muesli, then remaining peach mixture. Serve with extra yogurt.
Food Photography Info: Canon 550D (EOS Rebel T2i); Canon 50mm 1.8 lens / Natural lighting