By crikey, these are good! So quick and easy to make, but a totally yummy result and great for a lazy weekend brunch. The best thing is you can feel completely virtuous while eating them! Thanks to Julia Baldassano from Mind Body Green.com for this great little recipe.
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA & BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 organic, cage-free eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (almond flour)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Greek yoghurt
- Fresh berries & organic maple syrup for topping
- Mash the banana with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add almond meal (flour). Whisk in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan or griddle.
- Ladle batter in pan and cook each pancake 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, fresh berries, and/or a drizzle of maple syrup, as desired. Or, you could sift a little icing sugar over top, though this wouldn’t be quite so healthy!
Food Photography Info: Canon 550D (EOS Rebel T2i); Canon 50mm 1.8 lens / Natural lighting